Man is a social animal. No matter how much “me time” we crave, we all want to be with people at the end of the day. We feel great to meet people, make connections, and spend time with them.
There are certain activities where being together in a group can be wonderful, and one such activity is Pilates. Working out in a Pilates group fitness class can have benefits that range from structural to social.
Just to make it easier for you to understand, we have compiled a list of 9 great things about group fitness classes.
1. Motivation: When you work out alone, you might often find yourself losing motivation to do the exercises. Since you are your own coach here, it is easy to get distracted from your goal. But when you work out in a group, there is an instructor who will constantly push you to do better.
2. Peer Pressure: According to the Kohler Effect, no one wants to be the weak link in the chain. Hence, when you see your peers working out, you will automatically be driven to perform better. Because after all, you wouldn’t want to be lagging behind.
3. Accountability: When you invest money in a group fitness class, there is an added motivation to attend the class. Because otherwise, your hard-earned money will go to waste. There are times you may skip classes, but the fact that you have to pay for the classes encourages you to be more regular.
4. Improved quality of life: We, as humans, constantly strive to improve our lives by various means. Working out in a group brings significant mental and physical health benefits along with it. And the key to a quality life is a healthy body and mind.
5. You can avail the services of an expert: Let’s face it, if you are working out alone, you are either doing that by seeing YouTube videos or reading some blogs. But there is no one to guide you whether you are doing the exercises correctly or not. An expert in a group fitness class can help you put together a solid workout, something that you might find difficult to do on your own.
6. They are for everyone: Group fitness classes are often segregated based on the type of workout and age group. Regardless of your age and body type, you are sure to find a place for yourself, where you can work out with similar people.
7. Distractions are welcome: A group fitness class is more than just a fitness class. It is a sort of mini-community where you can interact with people, crack jokes, and have fun, all while doing the workout!
8. The social aspect: A group fitness class gives you the opportunity to make new friends outside your workplace. The more you interact with people, the more fun it will be. Thus making your social life more vibrant and colourful.
9. Consistency: When you are a part of a healthy community and a safe space, you would have no hesitancy to go there time and again. A group workout class can breed consistency that is difficult to achieve while doing workouts alone.
If you want to be a part of some of the best fitness classes in Dubai, join The PAD Fitness today. We have a world-class fitness centre in Dubai that offers group classes for a wide range of workouts. Here, you can avail the services of highly experienced professionals and be part of a thriving and vibrant community.